If you are new to smoking cannabis, or just looking to switch up your smoking routine, investing in a glass bong can be a great option. Glass bongs offer a smoother smoking experience and can help you conserve your herb. However, with so many different types of glass bongs on the market, it can be overwhelming to know where to start. In this guide, we will break down everything you need to know about glass bongs for beginners.
What is a Glass Bong?
A glass bong is a smoking device that filters smoke through water, creating a smoother hit than smoking from a joint or pipe. A glass bong typically consists of a bowl for herb, a stem that leads into a chamber filled with water, and a mouthpiece to inhale the smoke.
Types of Glass Bongs
There are a variety of different types of glass bongs, each with their own unique features and benefits. Here are some of the most common types of glass bongs you’ll find:
- Straight Tube Bongs: These are the most basic and classic type of bong. They consist of a straight tube with a bowl on one end and a mouthpiece on the other.
- Beaker Bongs: Beaker bongs have a wider base than straight tube bongs, which provides greater stability. They also hold more water, which cools the smoke more effectively.
- Percolator Bongs: Percolator bongs have additional filtration features, like a diffuser or perc, which break the smoke into smaller bubbles and provide extra cooling.
- Mini Bongs: These bongs are smaller versions and are great for when you just want to take a small hit, but don’t let their small size fool you, they will still get you stoned. Small bongs are also easier to take with you on a trip.
Choosing the Right Glass Bong
When choosing a glass bong, consider the following factors:
- Size: The size of the bong can impact the quality of the smoke. A larger bong will provide a cooler and smoother hit, but may be less portable. Smaller bongs are easier to travel with but may provide a harsher hit.
- Percolation: Consider the type of percolation or filtration system the bong has, as this can impact the smoothness of the hit. More percolation can mean a smoother hit, but also a more complex cleaning process.
- Material: Glass bongs are a popular choice, but other materials like silicone or acrylic may be more durable and affordable.
- Price: Glass bongs can range from affordable to high-end, so consider your budget when choosing a bong.
Maintaining Your Glass Bong
To ensure the longevity of your glass bong, it’s important to clean it regularly. We recommend you use our organic glass bong cleaner and our resign block. By using these two products you can ensure your bong stays clean and free of nasty germs! Avoid dropping or hitting your glass bong, as it can easily break.
Glass bongs offer a smooth and efficient smoking experience for beginners and experienced smokers alike. When choosing a glass bong, consider the size, percolation, material, and price. And remember to maintain your bong regularly to keep it in top condition. Happy smoking!