A dabbing rig is a type of water pipe that is specifically designed for vaporizing and inhaling the concentrated oils or “dabs” of a cannabis plant. Here is a description of the process of using a dabbing rig:
- Begin by heating up the nail or banger, which is the part of the rig where you will place the dab. Some nails are made of glass, ceramic, or titanium and can be heated with a butane torch or electronic nail (e-nail). The nail should be heated until it is red-hot, which usually takes a few minutes.
- While the nail is heating up, prepare the dab. Dabs come in various forms, such as shatter, crumble, or wax, and can be placed on a small metal or glass tool called a dabber.
- Once the nail is hot enough, use the dabber to carefully place the dab onto the nail. The dab will vaporize almost instantly when it comes into contact with the hot nail.
- Use a carb cap or dome to cover the nail and help trap the vapor inside the rig.
- Inhale the vapor through the mouthpiece of the rig. Some people prefer to take smaller, more controlled inhales, while others prefer to take larger, more intense hits. Experiment to find what works best for you.
- Once you have inhaled the vapor, release the carb and exhale.
It’s important to note that dabbing can be more intense and potent than smoking flower, so it is recommended to start with a smaller dab and work your way up to find the right dosage for your tolerance level. It is also important to follow proper safety guidelines when using a dabbing rig, such as using the torch responsibly and not heating the nail too much.
For a first time user a Mini Dabbing Rig is a great choice. Mini Dab Rigs from Molino Glass are very high quality and they come with a banger for doing dabs and a bowl for smoking flower, so you get two bongs in one when you buy from Molino Glass. Click here to see our range of Mini Dab Rigs.