Bongs are a type of smoking device that is used to smoke weed. They are a water pipe that has been specially designed for the use of marijuana. Bongs can be made from different materials, but glass bongs are the most common type of bong used for smoking weed.
A “bong” typically refers to a device that has a long tube, called a “downstem,” which contains water. Inhaled air flows through the downstem before bubbling up through the water in the chamber of the bong. The smoke then passes through the chamber, filter, and mouthpiece to the smoker. Bongs are a popular choice for many smokers because they are designed to cool down the smoke before it is inhaled. This makes smoking more pleasant and comfortable, especially for those new to smoking.
Fun fact: The word bong is derived from the Thai word baung which means “pipe” or “tubular bamboo container used for smoking opium, tobacco, or other herbs.” If you happen to use ice in your bong, it can make smoking easier and more pleasant. Let’s take a look at some of the benefits.
Benefits of Using Ice in a Bong
Ice in a bong is an excellent way to cool and filter the smoke. It also provides a smoother hit. The ice in the bong will also help you with your cough if you are someone who tends to cough when smoking. There are many benefits to using ice in a bong, including the ability to cool and filter the smoke, provide smoother hits and reduce uncomfortable coughing fits, and offer better diffusion for an enhanced high.
Ice also allows you to smoke more without irritating your throat. So, if you’re someone who loves to toke up all day every day, you’ll want to focus on bongs that have an ice catcher. If you’re someone who loves to smoke but hates coughing, you’ll love bongs with an ice catcher.
What’s An Ice Catcher? Do All Bongs Have One?
An ice catcher is a small device that is attached to the top of a bong. It has an opening on the top that allows ice cubes to be placed inside, and then a perforated bowl slides into place just below the opening.
The main function of an ice catcher is to help cool down the smoke before it enters your mouth by trapping and cooling the smoke as it passes through it. The ice catcher also helps prevent any water from getting into your mouth when you take a hit from the bong, which would make you cough uncontrollably.
Most bongs nowadays will include an ice catcher, but you’ll want to make sure it has the right size for the type of ice you’re using. Pro-tip: Don’t use crushed ice since its lower surface area will make your bong water rise from the extra water after it’s melted.
Even the most frequent smokers have to deal with a coughing fit every now and then. One of the best ways to reduce these fits is to use a bong that has an ice catcher in it. Bongs like this make one of the best investments for stoners.
Cold Water/Ice vs. Hot Water for Bongs: Which Is Better?
Many people may wonder if the cold water bong is better in any way than the hot water counterpart. The truth is, cold bong water is more refreshing and offers a different sensation of smoke on the palate. Hot bong water can be a little rougher on your throat because the smoke is hotter and heavier.
As well, hot bong water is the same as using room temp water and doesn’t give the same experience as cold bong water. Most regular smokers will agree that using cold bong water or even ice makes a big difference in the quality of their smoking experience.
How to Get Smooth Hits from a Bong
Smoking marijuana out of a bong can be tricky. But it doesn’t have to be. There are a few simple tips that will make your experience smoother and more enjoyable.
- Make sure you use water in the bong before you smoke. This will help filter out some of the harshness in the smoke, which is what causes coughing and harshness in your throat.
- You can also add ice to the water if you want to make your hit even smoother. This is because it cools down the smoke so that it’s not as hot when you’re inhaling it into your lungs, which helps with coughing as well as making it easier on your throat, which means less coughing and more smooth hits!
- Make sure that you put enough weed into the bong for a good hit before lighting up, because if there’s not enough weed then there won’t be enough smoke for a good hit!
If you use these tips, then smoking marijuana out of a bong should be much more enjoyable and you should be able to smoke without worrying too much about coughing or throat irritation.
Can You Smoke Weed Without Coughing?
Smoking weed without coughing is a very common problem, and it’s typically due to the dryness of the throat. The most common reason for coughing when smoking weed is how you smoke it. If you smoke too quickly, too deeply, or hold your breath, it can cause your throat to become irritated and make you cough.
It’s a well-known fact that smoking weed is a common pastime for many people. But what’s the best way to smoke weed without coughing?
- Drinking water – If you don’t drink enough water while smoking, your throat will get dry because it can’t absorb all the moisture in your body. This leads to needing more and more water, which makes it harder and harder for your throat to not cough when smoking weed. (Ideally drink around 8-10 liters of water per day)
- Smoking slower – If you smoke the weed slowly, it will give your throat enough time to absorb the moisture.
- Taking a break – If you feel like your throat is really irritated and coughing when taking a break, try taking that break at least 10 minutes before you have to stop smoking in order to let your throat rest.
- Don’t eat acidic foods before smoking – Acidic foods like soda, coffee, and alcohol will not make the smoke taste better, they will in fact make it taste worse. Also making your throat more prone to irritation due to the acidic nature of the food.
The best way to smoke weed without coughing is to buy a bong with an ice catcher. This will keep the marijuana cool and help avoid coughing or a sore throat. It doesn’t get much better than that as a stoner.