Dabbing cannabis involves using a “dab rig,” which is a specialized type of water pipe that is designed for use with concentrated forms of cannabis, such as wax or shatter. The process of dabbing typically involves heating a small amount of the concentrate on a heated surface, called a “nail,” and then inhaling the resulting vapor through the rig. Some people use a butane torch to heat the nail, while others use electronic nails (e-nails) that are controlled by a temperature controller. It’s important to note that dabbing is a method of consumption that is more intense and may be more appropriate for experienced cannabis users.
Is a mini dab rig a good choice for a first time dabber?
A mini dab rig may be a good choice for a first-time dabber, as it is typically smaller and more compact than a full-size rig, making it easier to handle. Mini dab rigs are also generally less expensive than full-size rigs, which can be a cost-effective option for someone who is just starting out with dabbing.
However, it’s important to note that the size of the rig does not affect the intensity of the dabbing experience. Dabbing is a method of consumption that is more intense than smoking or vaporizing cannabis, and it is important for first-time dabbers to start with a small amount of concentrate to avoid overwhelming effects.
It’s also worth noting that the size of the rig does not affect the quality of the vapor, and a mini rig will still produce good vapor if the nail is of good quality and heated properly.
In any case, it is always important for first-time dabbers to educate themselves about the process, to start with low amounts, and to be aware of the effects before increasing the dose.
Do I need a carb cap to dab?
A carb cap is not strictly necessary for dabbing, but it can be a helpful tool to enhance the dabbing experience. A carb cap is a small device that is placed over the nail after the concentrate has been applied. The cap helps to regulate the airflow and temperature inside the rig, allowing the concentrate to vaporize at a lower temperature and creating a cooler, more flavorful vapor. It also helps to trap the vapor inside the rig longer, allowing you to inhale more of the vapor before it dissipates.
However, it is possible to dab without a carb cap, by controlling the airflow through the rig.
It’s important to note that using a carb cap does not change the intensity of the dabbing experience so beginners should go slow and not use too much concentrate at first.
What tools do you need to dab concentrates?
The basic tools you will need to dab concentrates include:
- Dab rig: You will of course need a Dab Rig. This is a specialized type of water pipe that is designed for use with concentrated forms of cannabis, such as wax or shatter.
- Nail: Also called a ‘Banger’ Here at Molino Glass we sell high quality quartz bangers. This is the heated surface on which the concentrate is placed in order to vaporize it. Nails can be made of glass, quartz, titanium, or ceramic, and can be heated using a butane torch or an electronic nail (e-nail) that is controlled by a temperature controller.
- Dabber: This is a small tool, usually made of glass, quartz, titanium or ceramic, with a flat or scooped end, used to place the concentrate onto the nail. We sell very nice Steel Dab Tools.
- Carb cap: This is a small, lidded device that is placed over the nail after the concentrate has been applied. The cap helps to regulate the airflow and temperature inside the rig, allowing the concentrate to vaporize at a lower temperature and creating a cooler, more flavorful vapor.
- Butane torch: This is used to heat the nail, and it’s important to use a torch that is specifically designed for dabbing as it needs to reach high temperatures.
- Timer: A timer is useful to time the heat up of the nail and the cool down period before taking a hit.
- E-nail: An electronic nail, also known as an e-nail, is a device that uses electricity to heat the nail. They are more expensive than a traditional torch but provide more precise temperature control.
- Dab mat: A dab mat is useful to place all the tools on and to contain any spills.
It’s worth noting that while these are the basic tools you will need, depending on the rig and your preferences, you may need additional tools.
Mini Dabbing Sets for the First Timer Dabber
We have a selection of Mini Dabbing Sets that include everything you need as a first time dabber. Each set comes with a Mini Rig, a quartz banger for dabbing, a glass bowl for smoking flower, a steel dabbing tool and a carb cap. These sets are prices at a discount compared to buying the parts individually to save you money.